Registration for March 2021 Competition starts on Saturday, October 31
2020 The Chopin Avenue Piano Competition Online
is an open competition with aim to promote the music and provide opportunity for young artists to gain experience and perform for the audience.
Any person 5 – 30 years old on the day of competition is eligible to enroll into the competition..
HOW TO ENROLL
The registration is an online process concluded with the participation fee payment according to the fees schedule below. The video may be submitted after the registration but not later than 26 September 2020 for preliminary round and no later than 10 October 2020.
Step by step guide:
1. Record your video and upload to youtube as unlisted video.
Name the video as: Chopin Avenue – Preliminary Round – Your Name – Composer Name – Piece Title – 
(If you live in the area where youtube is temporarily unavailable,
please upload the video by www.wetransfer.com and send the download link to [email protected])
2. Fill in the registration form (it will ask you to fill in your details, paste the youtube link and upload your photo)
After filling in the registration form, you will be asked to provide payment method: Paypal, Credit Card
You may use Visa, Master or other Card or Paypal as payment method.
all our payments go through Paypal Payment Gateway. You do not need to have PayPal account.
If you have any issues with the online registration system, you may also send us an email at [email protected]
You may click the button at the bottom of this page to proceed with registration.
1. All participants are required to memorise the piece they are playing.
2. The recording cannot be older than 6 months.
3. Participants are required to perform on an acoustic piano.
Upright piano or grand piano may be used.
4. It is recommended that participant follow an appropriate dress code.
1) Group A: age 5-6 years
2) Group B: age 7-8years
3) Group C: age 9-10years
4) Group D: age 11-12 years
5) Group E: age 13-14 years
6) Group F: age 15 years
7) Group G: age 16-17years
8) Group H: age 18 years
9) Group I : age 19-25 years
10)Group J: age 26-30 years, Adult
26 September 2020:
Group A, B, C video video submission deadline
Group D, E, F, G, H, I, J Preliminary Round video submission deadline
3 October 2020:
Round 1 Results Announcement
3 – 10 October 2020:
Final Round (new video submission Group D, E, F, G, H, I, J)
16 October 2020:
Final Round Results Announcement
Group A to C – USD 45
Group D to F – USD 55
Group G to H – USD 70
Group I to J – USD 80
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES
Best Chopin Perfomer
– awarded to one participant in each group from E to J
First Runners Up, Second Runners Up, and Third Runners Up
– award certificate for each participant from group A-J
Consulate General of Poland Award
– special award by the Consul General for one participant in each group
– awarded to each participant
All winners will receive an online master class with one of the jurors.
* the organizers reserve the right to change the Judges if necessary
Music interpretation. Tempo, technique, musicality, manner of performance, preparation
REQUIREMENTS / REPERTOIRE
(1) Group A: 5-6 years old – one round only*
(2) Group B: 7-8 years old – one round only*
(3) Group C: 9-10 years old – one round only*
(4) Group D: 11-12 years old – free piece
(5) Group E: 13-14 years old – Chopin Etude
(6) Group F: 15 years old – Chopin Etude
(7) Group G: 16-17 years old – free piece
(8) Group H: 18 years old – free piece
(9) Group I:19-25 years old – one Chopin Etude and one free piece
(10) Group J:26-29 years old – one Chopin Etude and one free piece (around 3-10min)
* Group A, B and C participants are required to prepare one piece for Final Round only and submit before 26 September 2020.
*Piece must be different from the preliminary audition
(1) Group A: 5-6 years old – free piece
(2) Group B: 7-8 years old – free piece
(3) Group C: 9-10 years old – free piece
(4) Group D: 11-12 years old – free piece
(5) Group E: 13-14 years old – free piece
(6) Group F: 15 years old – free piece
(7) Group G: 16-17 years old – one Chopin piece
(8) Group H: 18 years old – one Chopin piece and one free piece
(9) Group I: 19-25 years old – one Chopin piece and one free piece (over 5min)
(10) Group J: 26-29 years old – 30 min repertoire including one Chopin piece
VISA, Master Card and PayPal – One click payment upon registration
The Best Performers