Translated from English with Google.
Thank you for your understanding 🙂
Music interpretation. Tempo, technique, musicality, manner of performance, preparation.
Winners Concert Videos - Poland 2022 & 2023
Young Amateur Category (YA1-6)
Competing in only one round, the participants will be awarded: Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honor Prize.
There is no Round 2 for this category.
Selected participants from all categories except for Young Amateur category will qualify for the for the Final Round.
Categories that have Preliminary and Final Round: Junior , Young Artist, Professional, and Amateur, Piano Solo, Duo, Concerto
Final Round Prizes:
– Certificate of Participation in the Final Round for all qualified contenstants.
– Depending on the number of quality participants, prizes will range from 1st to 6th place.
The 1-6 Prize winners will qualify for the Winners Concert opportunity (solo and/or with orchestra) in Poland
*additional terms and fees apply.
Due to limited spots in the concert, the priority will be given to 1,2,3 prize winners.
Winners of prize 4,5,6 may still have a chance to perform at winners concert if there are vacant spots.
– Best Performance of Chopin Works for Young Artist and professional categories.
– Award for best performance of Waltz, Nocturne, Mazurka, Sonata, Polonaise, Ballade
– Teacher’s Award
1st, 2nd, 3rd Prize are ranked based on balanced evaluation of technical skills and music interpretation. The winners of 1st, 2nd, 3rd place have performed their pieces with good technique appropriate and expected in their age category. The awards were presented by judges based on their individual scoring concluded with further discussions.
The Best Performance of a Chopin Work Award is issued by the F. Chopin Society in Warsaw, Poland. It is important to note, this award is decided by Assembly of Judges of the competition not by the F. Chopin Society. It is presented to participants who balanced their technical skills and musical interpretation of the Chopin piece they played. Participants may have not played on as high technical level as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Prize winners in their age category but stand out in their Chopin combined technique and musicality while performing the Chopin’s piece.
Chopin Avenue Awards for the Chopin Pieces – are presented to participants who balanced their technical skills and musical interpretation of the Chopin piece including Polonaize, Mazurka, Waltz, Nocturne, Ballad they played. Participants may have not played on as high technical level as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Prize winners in their age category but stand out in their Chopin combined technique and musicality while performing the Chopin’s piece.
Certificate of Participation in the Final Round is presented to participants who qualified to the finals.
All awards are presented based on a summary of individual appraisals concluded with collective discussions. None of the awards is based on a single opinion of a particular Judge. All opinions are shared, discussed, concluded and finally approved in the presence of Head of Jury and the Director of the Competition. This includes the Chopin Awards that were issued by Fryderyk Chopin Society in Poland.
* All awards are issued as e-diplomas.
* Participants who wish to receive a hard copy of the diploma may apply for a hard copy after the competition.
The handling and posting fee of USD30 will be charged for issuing and sending the Diploma by registered post.
Concert Opportunity Solo* in Poland, Summer 2024 for Prize Winners in each solo group.
– due to high prestige of the concert halls, Chopin Avenue reserves additional rights to screen Group A and M winners before accepting them for the concert
Concert Opportunity with Orchestra* in Poland, Summer 2024 for Prize Winners in each concerto group.
*Conditions apply including but not limited to:
– performing solo (not with orchestra) for winners of solo category – one piece only
– performing with orchestra is reserved for winners of concerto category only
– concert will be scheduled at the time of the Chopin Avenue Summer Piano Festival
but it does not equal to a Festival participation pass. The festival pass may be obtained separately.
– the concert opportunity is to qualify contestants to play on the stage solo or with orchestra,
please kindly note that extra fees apply for venue and orchestra hire and travel arrangements are to be born by participants
– due to limited spots for Winners Concerts, Summer Festival Participants enjoy the priority to be offered a concert spot.
– organizers reserve the rights to change/postpone the schedule due to travel restrictions, forces majeure or other reasons
– Grand Prize for the winners of Young Artist and Professional groups: USD 800 divided in USD 200 Cash Prize and USD 600 Scholarship Voucher for the Chopin Avenue Summer Piano Festival 2023
– Grand Prize for persons who were awarded First Prize for three times in the Chopin Avenue Piano Competition
– First Prize for the winners in Categories A-M: USD400 Scholarship Voucher for the Chopin Avenue Summer Piano Festival 2024
– Second Prize in Categories A-M: USD 300 Scholarship Voucher for the Chopin Avenue Summer Piano Festival 2024
– Third Prize in Categories A-M: USD 200 Scholarship for the Chopin Avenue Summer Piano Festival 2024
Concert opportunity with Orchestra
in Poland for the Winners of the Concerto Category.
*extra conditions apply
The Best Performers
of Chopin works in Young Artists and Professional cagegories will be awarded a diploma issued by the
Fryderyk Chopin Society in Poland