Summer Festival in Poland
The Summer Festival 2022 has already finished.
We will soon update this page to show you how much fun we had and let you see the concerts we attended as audience and performed at.
In the meantime, you may check the upcoming Summer Festival 2023
start planning today!
Translated with Google.
Thank you for your understanding 🙂
Come to Poland, take classes, attend concerts, perform in concerts, visit Chopin’s home and learn about his music and culture. At the final concert you will also be awarded a participation certificate.
Highlight Video of Summer Festival 2019.
New Video of Summer 2022 coming soon !
Tailore made program to give you best experience in a week
The 2022 Chopin Avenue Summer Festival will begin in Warsaw, Poland.
With participants across the globe in mind and the need to adjust to the time zone, the first two days will offer a relaxing atmosphere and trips to cultural and historical sites. We will start with visiting Zelazowa Wola – Chopin’s birthplace and his home where he grew up. The trip will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in Chopin’s childhood and allow you to better understand, interpret and express his feelings and emotions.
We will then explore Warsaw’s old town which hosts multiple Chopin’s mini landmarks including the Church where his heart is resting.
On the second day, still in Warsaw, we will visit Lazienki Park where Chopin’s Open Air Concerts are held on Summer Sundays. You will see the remarkable Chopin monument and listen to his music performed by renowned Polish and international artists. On the same day afternoon, we will visit Chopin Museum in Warsaw where you will learn even more about his music, see original notations and other incredible exhibits.
Warsaw is a place of multiple venues where Chopin music is performed every evening. You will be able to attend some of the concerts in your free time.
On the morning of the third day, we will travel down south to Katowice – The Unesco City of Music. Katowice will be our base for learning and for accessing other cultural and historical places with purpose of sightseeing or concerting.
You will have a chance to visit Cracow Old Town, Cracow Castle, Wieliczka Salt Mine among others.
You will also have a chance to play concerts in Katowice and in a castle nearby.
“The program and concerting environment turned out better than I expected!”
Happy 2019 Participants
They came, they learned, they performed
“Absolutely recommended! It is a great advantage to be able to learn Chopin’s piano music at Chopin’s birth place.”
“I was most satisfied with the ability to play concert in various places”
We also conducted an Impact Study and here are some Results:
– All participants gave highest score to Professor Bronisława Kawalla, who became their great teacher and inspiration.
– The participants improved their performance skills, broadened their horizons and raised professional qualifications.
– All participants would recommend others to join the festival.
– Students enjoyed both learning and visiting places of interests such as Chopin’s museum or Chopin’s house in Zelazowa Wola,
which allowed them to further understand the composer’s culture.
– All participants valued the acquired technique, knowledge of Chopin and music interpretation skills gained from the festival
as an equivalent to a semester or a full year’s worth of coursework.
– All participants stated that the concert experience they gained on Polish stages will significantly improve their future concert skills.
– Participants also improved their communication skills and confidence.